Exploring the 2016 CBCA Short List
The Children’s Book Council of Australia
PETAA’s first acknowledgment, as ever, is to the Children’s Book Council of Australia, and to the benefactors and major donors to the CBCA Awards Foundation, which make the awards possible, to both engage the community with literature for young Australians (as is the CBCA motto), and to allow PETAA, via its teacher members to imaginatively extend and build on that engagement in the classrooms of the nation.
The writers of units of work
PETAA thanks the writers in advance, who by 15 June have worked long and hard to create the units of work. Their classroom expertise and professionalism in knowing what works for teachers, while being highly relevant for students’ learning, will be highlighted within this resource.
- Jennifer Asha: Picture Books (and one unit for the Chrichton Award)
- Helen Cozmescu: Younger Readers (and one unit for the Chrichton Award)
- Margo Daly: Older Readers
- Amanda Nicholls: Early Childhood Books (and one unit for the Chrichton Award)
- Amanda Worlley (and one unit for the Chrichton Award)
Learn more about the writers of the units of work
Units of work this year were reviewed by Sophie Honeybourne and the guide was designed, edited and published online by Linden Hyatt, in providing ongoing digital publishing and strategic support to PETAA.
The PETAA Teachers’ Guide to the CBCA Book of the Year Awards