Online Whole School: The explicit teaching of writing F–6
Presented by Penny Hutton, this online workshop will address the strands of Language, Literature and Literacy with direct references to the Australian Curriculum: English Years F–10 (with a focus on years F–6). There will be a particular focus on teaching grammar and punctuation in context.
Who should participate?
- Gain knowledge of grammar at clause, sentence and whole text level
- Understand the features of effective writing
- Understand the different literacy demands made in different subject areas
- Learn how to teach writing explicitly
- Learn how to develop and apply assessment criteria
- Evaluate samples of students’ writing
- Plan effective teaching strategies to meet emergent need
To register or find out more about this option email or call Alicia Diggs on 02 8020 3923.
You will have access to the course materials for 10 weeks.
Cost of participation:
Accreditation for NSW teachers: Completing The explicit teaching of writing F-6 before 4 February 2022 under NESA’s interim arrangements will contribute 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum addressing standards 1.2.2, 1.5.2, 2.1.2, 2.2.2, 2.3.2, 3.1.2, 3.2.2, 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Purchase here Purchase here
Online registration not available.