Creating Curious and Confident Writers
Presented by Alan Wright. Participants will examine how to create a sense of community among student writers.
- Explore authentic contexts for writing and the notion of risk taking as a key element within an effective writing program
- Be exposed to ideas for harvesting ideas, and sustaining interest
- Ideas for assisting students to develop writing stamina along with a process for setting up and sustaining the writer's notebook
- Strategies for providing student writers with voice and choice through the use of craft strategies and mentor texts
- Teachers and students learning to read like writers will be explored as will reading-writing connections
Cost of participation:
Attending this workshop contributes two and a half hours of face to face Professional Learning addressing standards 2.1.2 , 2.5.2 and 3.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
PETAA is committed to providing a safe environment for Professional Learning and will follow state health guidelines when organising face to face events.
Should planned face to face events have to be cancelled due to changing COVID situations, PETAA will endeavour to offer the same course online either via live webinar at the same time or in a recorded format on our LearnBook platform which enables participants to complete the course in their own time. Should PETAA be unable to offer a course online, a full refund or PETAA credit towards another course will be provided.
Online registration not available.