Terms governing your use of this website
The following terms apply to the website at www.petaa.edu.au operated by Primary English Teaching Association trading as Primary English Teaching Association Australia (PETAA) ABN 36 002 557 075 and any website that replaces it (‘Website’). In these terms the words ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to PETAA.
The information on the Website is provided to visitors to the Website (‘you’ or ‘your’) subject to these terms. By using the Website you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, you must cease using the Website immediately.
We have used reasonable efforts to make sure that the information and other content on the Website, accessible via the Website or sent to you as a result of you registering with the Website (collectively 'Content') is accurate, complete and up to date.
You agree that, subject to any applicable consumer guarantees set out in Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law:
- the Content is intended to be used only for background and information purposes and does not constitute professional advice;
- we do not guarantee that the Content is accurate, definitive, reliable, complete or up-to-date;
- we do not undertake to keep the Content updated;
- we do not accept responsibility for any loss suffered by you or any other person as a result of reliance by you or that person on the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of any of the Content;
- we make no warranty or representation:
- as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any of the Content;
- that any files accessible on or via the Website, any Linked Site or any server on which the Website or any Linked Site are hosted are free of viruses, errors and defects;
- that the Website and any of the Content will be accessible to you on a continuous or uninterrupted basis;
- that any viruses, errors or defects discovered to exist on our Site, Linked Sites or the servers on which they are hosted will be corrected;
- of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on this web site for any purpose. All such information is provided ‘as is’ and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement.
Portions of this site may allow users to post their own material. Materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect the views of PETAA. By posting materials on this site, you represent that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
PETAA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material posted by users which PETAA deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PETAA expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this web site.
Intellectual Property Rights
All materials on this web site are the copyright of PETAA or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. The materials on this web site may be retrieved and downloaded solely for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of PETAA.
The Content is protected by copyright. If any Content is available on the Website for download, you may:
- download that Content to a local hard disk, or print, extracts from the Content for your personal, non-commercial use or for any other use specified in the Content or on the Website at the point at which you download it; and
- provide down loaded or printed extracts of the Content to others for their personal, non-commercial use or for any other use specified in the Content or on the Website at the point at which you download it.
Any other reproduction, distribution, re-transmission or modification of the Content, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without our express prior written consent is prohibited.
We do not own or have rights in respect of the copyright in any content on any website that is accessible from the Website by a hypertext link or links ('third party Site'). Your use of any third party site and any content on any third party site is governed by the terms of the third party site.
Some of the Content, and products, logos, technology and processes accessible via, or incorporated in, the Website may be protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights owned by third parties. You have no right to use any of those intellectual property rights except as expressly authorised by these terms.
Third party sites
Third party sites are accessible by links from this Website. We do not have any responsibility, and we accept no liability for content on any third party site. We do not endorse or approve of, nor do we accept any responsibility or liability for, any of the content or any product or service accessible through, or offered on any third party sites linked from this website.
Reproduction and communication for educational purposes
The Australian Copyright Act 1968 (the Act) allows a maximum of one chapter or 10% of the work, whichever is the greater, to be reproduced and/or communicated by any educational institution for its educational purposes provided that the educational institution (or the body that administers it) has given a remuneration notice to the Copyright Agency under the Act.
For details of the Copyright Agency licence for educational institutions contact:
The Copyright Agency
Level 12/66 Goulburn Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9394 7600
Facsimile: (02) 9394 7601
E-mail: [email protected]
Your individual PETAA profile
The Website enables users to set up accounts, and you may be issued with a password when you set up an account with the Website. You agree that you will not share the password or other login information with any other person. Once you log onto the Website you can keep your personal and contact information up to date. You agree that you are and will remain liable for all acts or omissions of any person who accesses the Website using your account unless you can demonstrate to our reasonable satisfaction that you did not provide your password or other login details to the person who accessed the Website and that they did so without your express or implied consent.